~So you want to me send me a book to review? Thank you! But first please read my review policy thoroughly before sending me a review request~
- I am currently Not open to review requests. I’m currently struggling with my health and with my studies and do not expect to be open to review requests before September, sorry!
- I live in the Netherlands (Europe), please only contact me if that isn’t a problem.
- If your request makes it clear you haven’t read my policy, or is in any way rude, it will be deleted.
Index of this page
1. What I Accept
2. Genres/Things I Prefer
3. Genres/Things I Refuse
4. Rating System
5. Current Stats
6. What Will Happen If I Accept Your Request?
7. Please Add In Your Request
8. Contact Info
1.What I accept
- I accept both print copies and e-copies (only if they’re compatible with a Kindle Paper White), but I do not accept audio books.
- I accept books from larger publishers, indie publishers and self-publishers. However, if you self-published your book, please also send me a digital sample of your book with your review request (more info in section 7)
2.Genres/Things I prefer
- Young Adult (fantasy, contemporary, magical realism, LGBTQ, historical)
- New Adult (as in, in the style of YA but with 20something characters, especially looking for this genre!)
- Magical Realism
- Literary Fiction
- Women’s Fiction
- Cozy crime/detective
- Historical Fiction
- Diverse books/Own-voice books
- (Note: I prefer character driven books to plot driven books)
3.Genres/Things I refuse certainly
- True crime
- Science Fiction
- Misogynistic, transphobic, homophobic, racist or fatphobic books (characters can be these things, as long as the book itself isn’t)
- Romance novels (not necessarily novels that contain romance, but the Harlequin or Bouqet romance novel- kind I dislike)
- I am open to most genres, so if your book isn’t on my list preferred genres, but also not on the list of things I don’t accept, just try me. I might like it anyway.
★★★★★ Absolutely loved it. Very likely a new favorite. Great characters, interesting and well developed plot, generally amazing.
★★★★☆ Very much enjoyed it, but a few points could be improved upon. Or everything was fine, it just didn’t blow me away.
★★★☆☆ It was okay, just not good, but most likely had some merit, will be clarified in review.
★★☆☆☆ Bad. I disliked it and probably DNF’d it but might have read on if I had a real good reason. Probably won’t write a review on it, except if I feel really passionate about how bad it was (if it’s problematic, for example).
★☆☆☆☆ Very rare, because usually if I dislike a book this much I DNF it, and never write a review about it.
5.Current Stats (last updated 1 March 2019)
- I had a total of 400 unique visitors and 811 views on this blog in the last month.
- I have 3,502 combined followers, consisting of:
297 followers on my blog (readinghobbit.wordpress.com)
284 followers on Instagram
2,700 followers on Tumblr
130 followers on Twitter
15 followers on Facebook
45 followers on Goodreads
31 followers on Bloglovin’
6.What will happen when I accept your request?
- When I accept your request, I will do my best to read and review it in a timely manner. If it’s an ARC I will do my best to publish the review a week or two before the release date. If you prefer that the review is published by a certain date, please make sure I have the book at least a month beforehand. I will do my absolute best to do these things on time, but life gets in the way sometimes!
- BUT I cannot guarantee I publish the review on a certain date.
- I also cannot guarantee I will review the book at all, but most likely will.
- I reserve the right to not finish reading the book. If I think it’s good, but simply not for me, I will try my best to get it to another reviewer.
- Remember you send me this book in exchange for an honest review, not a positive one. I will always be respectful in my reviews, but I will also be honest. If it’s a negative review, please remember I’m writing about the book, not the author.
- My opinion is entirely my own and I do not take money and/or goods in return for a positive review. I’m not interested in paid advertisements or blog posts.
- I post my reviews on this blog, Goodreads and I talk about the books I read on Twitter, Instagram, and Tumblr
7. Please add in your review request:
- The book’s blurb
- The release date (for ARCs I will automatically aim to publish a review for a week before the release date, if you do not request a different date)
- If you have a time frame for when you prefer the review to be published (this will influence my decision whether to accept or not)
- If the book is self-published please add a digital sample of the book, for example the first chapter or first fifteen pages, so I can gauge if I like your writing style.
- If the book is digital, please make sure the file is compatible with kindle.
- If the book is digital, please also send me a large digital image of the book cover, so I can use it for my instagram.
- Any other relevant information